Fortnite is a regularly reliable online game, but it isn’t without occasional issues. More often than not, any Fortnite errors or problems come from the game itself and aren’t something the player has any control over. However, it’s always best to be aware of what an error might be. Here’s how to fix Error Code LS-0016 in Fortnite.
At present, Fortnite is experiencing some downtime before the next big patch hits on Oct. 4. While that is the explanation for the error code at this moment, at any other time, you’ll need the below information.
How To Fix Error Code LS-0016 in Fortnite
As said, before digging too deeply into an error on Fortnite, your best bet would be to check with the @FortniteStatus Twitter account.
They state the cause for this error as:
This error usually means that your game is in the process of being updated. Once the update is released and downloaded you should be able to launch the game without any problems.
However, if you are somehow getting this error without there being an update, there are a couple of solutions that Epic gives.
They recommend fully closing the launcher on your computer and then restarting to refresh “the entitlements on your Epic Games account.”
You can also verify your game files to “ensure your game is installed and updated properly.”
To do this, Epic gives the steps as follows:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Click on the Library.
- Click on the three dots next to the game you want to verify.
- Click on Verify.
This should be everything you need to know for how to fix Error Code LS-0016 in Fortnite. Once downtime is done, Fortnite will be able to play once more.
- Everything Is Going to Hell Because of the Fortnite Fracture Event, & It’s Going to be a Blast
- Fortnite Football Club Outfits Coming to the Item Shop This Week
- Here’s When Fortnite’s Fracture Finale Event Is Taking Place
- Fortnite X Rocket League Crossover Event Now Live With Free Rewards
- Fortnite Teases Another Rocket League Crossover With Mysterious Clip