Today Sega had a few reveals to share about upcoming content for its MMORPG Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.
First of all, we get the reveal of the “Waker” class which will be introduced in August.
It’s somehow similar to the Summoner of Phantasy Star Online 2, but it features relevant differences. For instance, a waker can fight with three different types of familiars that don’t need to be raised or fed, unlike pets.
They also use the Harmonizer in melee combat, which is very different from the summoner.
We also take a look at the updates coming in July, which will be mostly dedicated to the 10th-anniversary event of Phantasy Star Online 2.
The first part of the event will launch in July 6, while a second update with more content will be available on July 13. Yet, the real second half of the anniversary event will come on July 20.
Of course, there are plenty of scratch tickets and new quests and activities to enjoy, as you can see below.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is currently available for Xbox and PC in the west and for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch via cloud streaming in Japan.
Recently, we learned that the game has passed 9 million registered users.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s what it’s all about.
- Free to play!
- Huge wide-open battlefield environments! Explore a whole new world featuring broad, expansive playfields filled with ferocious enemies waiting for you and your team. Traverse wide-open environments, speed and soar across the giant landscape and skies with new special abilities. Transitioning into a new area is as simple as walking into it — no loading screens.
- Enhanced character models! Create your identity with any character you can imagine in PSO2:NGS using the powerful creation engine. Adjust every imaginable characteristic to create your one-of-a-kind avatar.
- Redesigned graphics engine! Witness lush environments, amazingly detailed player characters, and monstrous foes in razor-sharp resolution. Watch spectacular new lighting and particle effects as weapons clash with armor. See the world as you’ve never seen it before.
- New multi-weapon system and abilities! Combine 2 types of weapons for smoother weapon switching. Battle at lightning speed using a variety of weapons and techniques.
- Connects with PSO2! Move easily in-game between PSO2:NGS and PSO2.
- Cross-platform! PC and Xbox One players can play together side by side.