It’s no secret that trying to buy a house or a plot of land in Final Fantasy XIV has always been a bit of a headache, and that’s a major understatement. With FFXIV finally getting a new housing district in Ishgard, you can expect there to be a mad rush for those new housing plots once the update goes live as well.
Square Enix is aiming to alleviate some of those issues with the new housing lottery system, however, which should give all players a much fairer chance of buying a plot instead of waking up at godforsaken hours to try to beat the queue and dash to a plot.
The company has since offered up more details regarding how the housing lottery system will actually work. The system operates around a nine-day cycle, where players will have five days to submit their lottery entries via a placard next to a plot, and the results of the lottery will be revealed over the next four days.
In order to enter the lottery, you’ll need to pay 3 million Gil upfront. You’ll also need to have a class at level 50 or above, and have the rank of Second Lieutenant or above in any of the Grand Companies. For Free Company reps, your FC must be rank 6 or above, have at least four members, and you must have been in the FC for at least 30 days.
If you don’t get in via the lottery, you’ll receive a full refund of your 3 million Gil, and you have 90 days to do so. You can read up on the finer details of FFXIV’s lottery system and sale of land in the blog post here.
Final Fantasy XIV is now available on PC and PS5.
- Final Fantasy XIV Players Can Now Spend $7 to Drink Tea in the Game
- Which Final Fantasy XIV Character Are You? Take the Quiz to Find Out
- Final Fantasy XIV Director Naoki Yoshida Discusses Third-party Tools, Promises Enhanced UI, & Apologizes for 6.1 Issues
- Final Fantasy XIV Crossover Announced for NieR: Re[in]carnation
- Is This New Final Fantasy XIV Gundblade a Mass Effect Easter Egg?