First of all, producer Kazunori Yamauchi apologized for the issues and offered an explanation, also announcing that players will receive a million credit for their troubles.
“Thank you for your continued support and feedback on Gran Turismo 7, your voices have not gone unheard. I would like to apologize for the frustration and confusion caused last week with our patch updates which resulted in, not only a server outage but also adjustments to the in-game economy which were made without a clear explanation to our community.
We know that this is not the Gran Turismo experience you expect and we will be making a goodwill gesture in the form of a non-paid credit pack of 1 million Cr. available to those players who may have been affected *. You will see this hit your accounts shortly. Make sure you log into the game before April 25 to claim the credits.
The patch update previously deployed was intended to rectify an issue with inconsistent reward payouts within circuit experiences later in the game. But, to re-establish the intended equilibrium and provide more accurate rewards based on time investment and completion, it was necessary to recalculate the rewards system as a whole.”
The first update, coming in early April, will include the following:
- Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
- Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
- Increase of rewards in Online Races.
- Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
- Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
- Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
Additional patches deployed before the end of April will introduce new cars and tracks, alongside other fixes.
Further updates coming in the “near-term” will improve the game as follows:
- Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
- Further World Circuit event additions.
- Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
- Ranking battles in Online Time Trials will be made more advantageous with rewards. earned based on achieving a time that is within +1%, +2%, +3%, and +5% of top time.
- Make it so cars can be sold.