It’s no secret that Ubisoft has been trying to gain a foothold in the crypto and NFT space. While the reception to Quartz, their new blockchain gaming platform, hasn’t been the greatest, that certainly hasn’t stopped Ubisoft from trying. The company has just announced its partnership with The Sandbox, an open Metaverse where players can gather with virtual avatars and interact in a virtual space to buy up land and hang out.
This partnership between the two companies sees the introduction of the Rabbids in the Sandbox, and you can check out the announcement video down below:
Basically, by putting the Rabbids into the Sandbox, users will be able to create content and unique experiences using Ubisoft’s iconic mascots. If you’re not already actively using the Sandbox, this won’t mean much to you. But hey, if you’re in it, and you happen to be a fan of the Rabbids themselves, this could end up being a pretty fun time. Maybe.
- EVE Online Steers Clear of NFTs and Blockchain for Now
- Don’t Worry, Valorant’s Killjoy Isn’t Actually into NFTs
- GDC Survey Reveals a General Lack of Interest from Game Developers in Crypto & NFTs
- Square Enix President’s New Year Message Discusses NFTs, Blockchain Games, Cloud, & AI
- Ubisoft Is Stepping Into the Blockchain and NFTs Arena