Today Developer SimulaM released a new gameplay video of its upcoming Jesus simulator I am Jesus Christ.
The gameplay, which certainly appears to be work-in-progress, shows one of Jesus’ most famous miracles (and the first he traditionally did), the turning of water into wine at the wedding at Cana.
As someone raised in a Christian family, receiving quests from Mary certainly feels a bit off, but we’re playing Jesus Christ, so…
You can check it out below.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, which will come to PC via Steam, you can read the official description below. You can also check out the first look at tests made with Unreal Engine 5, another, one more, and a fourth, on top of a video showing the progress made on the game.
“Go back in time over 2,000 years and follow the same path as Jesus Christ, from his baptism to the resurrection. Inspired by the New Testament stories, ‘I Am Jesus Christ’ is a simulation like no other.
Are you prepared to fight with Satan in the desert, cure the sick and help the needy? Perform over 30 iconic miracles from the feeding of the 5,000 and healing lepers to the calming of the sea and giving sight to the blind.
Recharge the Holy Spirit’s power through prayer as brand new concepts work in conjunction with timeless tales. ‘I Am Jesus Christ’ is inspired by the New Testament and hopes to spread the Gospel uniquely and engagingly.
Journey through over 10 hours of gameplay across the desert, water, and mountains. All culminating in the famous story of Christ’s crucifixion and resurrection.”
- Experience Christ’s life first-hand from his birth through to the crucifixion and resurrection
- Explore accurate recreations of significant locations in the Holy Land including Jerusalem and the Galilee
- Perform over 30 amazing miracles including the feeding of the 5,000 and walking on water
- Receive the power of the Holy Spirit, and increase its power through prayer
- Interact with over 60 characters, including Christ’s disciples. Recreate essential events including The Last Supper