Today Developer SimulaM released a new trailer of its upcoming Jesus simulator I am Jesus Christ.
While it’s easy to dismiss this project as a meme, it’s doubtless that its developers take it quite seriously, and have worked diligently on it for two years.
To celebrate that milestone, the trailer showcases the progress of the game from the first concept and character models to today, and a lot of progress has indeed been made, including playable betas.
You can check it out below.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, which will come to PC via Steam, you can read the official description below. You can also check out the first look at tests made with Unreal Engine 5, another, one more, and a fourth.
“Go back in time over 2,000 years and follow the same path as Jesus Christ, from his baptism to the resurrection. Inspired by the New Testament stories, ‘I Am Jesus Christ’ is a simulation like no other.
Are you prepared to fight with Satan in the desert, cure the sick and help the needy? Perform over 30 iconic miracles from the feeding of the 5,000 and healing lepers to the calming of the sea and giving sight to the blind.
Recharge the Holy Spirit’s power through prayer as brand new concepts work in conjunction with timeless tales. ‘I Am Jesus Christ’ is inspired by the New Testament and hopes to spread the Gospel uniquely and engagingly.
Journey through over 10 hours of gameplay across the desert, water, and mountains. All culminating in the famous story of Christ’s crucifixion and resurrection.”
- Experience Christ’s life first-hand from his birth through to the crucifixion and resurrection
- Explore accurate recreations of significant locations in the Holy Land including Jerusalem and the Galilee
- Perform over 30 amazing miracles including the feeding of the 5,000 and walking on water
- Receive the power of the Holy Spirit, and increase its power through prayer
- Interact with over 60 characters, including Christ’s disciples. Recreate essential events including The Last Supper