Earlier today, Techland confirmed via a press release that anyone that buys Dying Light 2 Stay Human on PS4 or Xbox One will be entitled to a free upgrade to the next generation. Microsoft players can take advantage of this deal thanks to the Smart Delivery service.
Unfortunately, this news release also stated that cross-play won’t be available for the company’s highly anticipated action role-playing game at launch. You can read more specific details below:
Techland also confirmed that cross-platform and cross-generation console cooperative play will not be available for Dying Light 2 Stay Human at launch. Cross-play between Steam and Epic Games Store users will work once the game is released on February 4. Techland recently teased that they will provide 5 years of support for their new title, so with this ambitious plan, expect a lot of exciting new content and expansions.
New co-op information has been released:
– Besides the prologue, Dying Light 2 Stay Human will be fully playable in co-op. This also includes finishing the game.
– All session guests can keep their acquired items and player progression.
– Important choices in the game can be made by all players through voting, but the host of the session has the final choice.
This week brought great news for Techland, as Dying Light 2 Stay Human hit 3 million Steam Wishlists. The City will be packed with newly arriving citizens on February 4!
Dying Light 2 Stay Human launches on February 4, 2022, on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. For more information, be sure to search Twinfinite. You can also check out all the related features, news, and quizzes for the series in the related articles section below.
- Dying Light 2 Interview: Lead Designer Talks Five Year Road Map, Player Feedback, & More
- Techland Delays First Major Story DLC for Dying Light 2 to September
- Dying Light 2’s Third Update Drops Tomorrow Bringing Much-Requested NG+ & More
- Dying Light 2 Is Rolling Out Its First Free DLC Themed Around Peacekeepers
- Dying Light 2 to Get Several Hotfixes Next Week, Fixing Crashes, Black Screen Issues, & More