Today Paradox Entertainment announced the release date of the previously-revealed PS5 and Xbox Series X|S port of Crusader Kings 3.
The popular grand-strategy game with RPG elements (or perhaps RPG with grand strategy elements?) will be released on the new-gen consoles on March 29, 2022. It’ll also launch on Game Pass.
The port, developed in collaboration with Lab42, comes with an entirely reworked control scheme to enable governing your domain via gamepad, on top of support for the fast SSDs and haptic/adaptive controller feedback.
PS5 players will be able to feel the stress of their ruler thanks to the resistance provided by the DualSense’s triggers that will react dynamically to in-game events.
Below you can see a trailer, a few screenshots, and a look at the control schemes, and read an official description of what you can expect.
- Character Focused Gameplay: Every character you play or interact with has their own unique personality. Events and options in the game are largely determined by the type of person you are.
- Infinite Possibilities: Play as any noble house from Iceland to India, Finland to Central Africa, over five centuries. Interact with wandering guests, stubborn children, devious spymasters, and saintly holy men in an elaborate tapestry of medieval life.
- Waging War: Rally your vassals and raise your men-at-arms to besiege enemy castles or put down rebellions. Personal prowess on the battlefield can win you great honor, but strategic planning is the path to victory.
- Royal Marriages: Spread your dynastic DNA throughout the world, stamping your royal seal on the crests of kingdoms and duchies far and wide. Marry for power and raise children to press claims on new lands.
- Saints and Sinners: Keep faith with your religious leaders or perform great crimes in the interest of the state. When the going gets tough, you can always embrace a heresy or craft a new religion more in line with your character’s priorities.