Today Sega revealed a lot of new content coming to Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis and shed some light on the plans going forward.
First of all, we see new content for January 2022, including the following:
- Central City gets ready for the New Year! (Starting January 1)
- Get a blast from the past with the Revival AC Scratch Ticket: New Year! Throwback Collection (Releases 1/1)
- Take on Seasonal Enemies and more in the Winter Event! (Starting 1/12)
- The AC Scratch Ticket: Quaint Ensemble features gorgeous Japanese costumes, Sci-fi style warrior suits, and CAST Parts based on samurai and ninjas! (Releases 1/1)
- Join the Limited-time Seasonal World Trial: Stellar Grace Recovery Operation! (Starting 1/19)
- Dress like a local with Retem City-style outfits, Hadi’s CAST parts, and more with the SG Scratch Ticket: Resolute Warrior! (Releases 1/19)
- Enjoy the second half of the Winter Event! (Starting 1/26)
- Unleash your inner edgelord with street fashion and sci-fi-style suits from the AC Scratch Ticket: Edgy Underworld! (Releases 1/26)
Next, we take a look at a tease of content coming in February and that wasn’t included in the previously-shared development roadmap. There will be an in-game concert starring the new heroine Nadereh accompanied by Hadi, Jalil, and Mohsen. We’re also getting some much-needed endgame content in the form of a battle against Dark Falz.
After that, the development team addressed questions from the fans, mentioning among other things that they are working to improve the benefits of joining a party.
We also learn that, while the new class Summoner was supposed to launch in spring 2022, its priority was lowered in favor of gameplay elements according to feedback from players. As a consequence, its release has been delayed to late 2022.
Sega also showcased some of the results of the survey that was hosted between the end of October and the beginning of December. As you can see in the gallery below, the percentage of very dissatisfied or dissatisfied players is high.
The development team acknowledged the problem, and while they just released the Retem region, they feel that they still have a long way to go.
In response, they’re in the process of planning more content in addition to what was listed on the roadmap. It may take a while to see visible results but the developers ask for the players’ patience and understanding.
In the remaining slides, you can see the most popular criticism provided by the dissatisfied players, and the most requested changes, alongside notes from the developers on how they plan to address the major points.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is currently available for Xbox and PC in the west and for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch via cloud streaming in Japan.
Recently, we learned that the game has passed 9 million registered users.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s what it’s all about.
- Free to play!
- Huge wide-open battlefield environments! Explore a whole new world featuring broad, expansive playfields filled with ferocious enemies waiting for you and your team. Traverse wide-open environments, speed and soar across the giant landscape and skies with new special abilities. Transitioning into a new area is as simple as walking into it — no loading screens.
- Enhanced character models! Create your identity with any character you can imagine in PSO2:NGS using the powerful creation engine. Adjust every imaginable characteristic to create your one-of-a-kind avatar.
- Redesigned graphics engine! Witness lush environments, amazingly detailed player characters, and monstrous foes in razor-sharp resolution. Watch spectacular new lighting and particle effects as weapons clash with armor. See the world as you’ve never seen it before.
- New multi-weapon system and abilities! Combine 2 types of weapons for smoother weapon switching. Battle at lightning speed using a variety of weapons and techniques.
- Connects with PSO2! Move easily in-game between PSO2:NGS and PSO2.
- Cross-platform! PC and Xbox One players can play together side by side.