Valorant Episode 3, Act 3, will bring about a nerf to the Classic right-click which has been much-requested for some time by casual and professional players alike. The right-click inaccuracy for walking, running, and jumping has been increased across the board, which is presumably designed to put a stronger emphasis on precise shooting.
Other notable changes in Patch 3.09 include some minor balancing tweaks to Fracture. Here’s the full overview via Riot Games’ official website:
The Classic has been over-performing in close to mid-range encounters when used while jumping or on the move. So we’ve reduced the weapon’s effective accuracy while jumping, running, and walking, with the intent of narrowing it’s ideal use case to only really close ranges.
- Walking firing error changed .05 >>> .6 (total error is 2.5 when walking, up from 1.95)
- Running firing error changed .2 >>> 1.3 (total error is 3.2 when running, up from 2.1)
- Jumping firing error changed from 1.1 >>> 2.1 (total error is 4.0 when jumping, up from 3.0)
- The B Arcade attacker barrier is shifted back towards Attacker Side Bridge, to allow defenders to more easily contest the area
- Defender barrier at A Rope moved up to the top of ropes to make it easier for Sentinels to prepare.
- A Hall orb shifted into more neutral space, making it less favorable for attackers
- New piece of cover in Attacker spawn added to break the long sightline from Hall entrance to B Main, which should relieve some pressure from attackers when defenders fast flank
GAME SYSTEMS UPDATES
- Smoother Ropes/Ziplines
- Fixed jittery movement that could occur when stopping or changing directions on a zipline or rope. This was most noticeable when repeatedly moving a small amount and stopping.
- Observers using gamepad controllers are no longer locked out of the X/Y axes when speeding up with the right bumper (R1).
- Free Cam observers rejoice!
- Observers now have the option to set handedness for teams
- When this option is toggled, observers will see players that start the match on attacker as right-handed, and players that start the match on defender will be left-handed.
- One path for all traffic into game servers
- For those of you particular to a preferred server, you may notice a previously preferred location is no longer there. Don’t worry, we simply consolidated what was two paths into the game servers into one—we did not remove any servers.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the default Act Rank badge to display on Unrated game loading screens
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam on the Breeze door in order to destroy or see through the door when it’s lowered.
- Similarly, fixed random spots where Cypher could not place Spycam in the same area.
- Fixed bug that displayed Jett’s 1P Updraft visuals incorrectly
The launch of Valorant’s latest Act was supposed to include the new Agent Chamber, but his release has been delayed by two weeks. Of course, there’s also a new battle pass launching with Act 3, which you can check out here.