THQ Nordic has delayed the launch of its Reforced edition of SpellForce III for consoles. It was originally set to release in tandem with the free PC update on Dec. 6, bringing the unique RTS/RPG hybrid to PlayStation and Xbox platforms for the first time. That date has now been pushed back until March 8, 2022.
For those not up to speed, here’s a full overview of the new features you can look forward to when the game finally does release:
- Improved RTS mechanics and reworked RTS faction designs, introduced in the two expansions
- Reworked Skill trees
- Improved Quests
- Improved Coop Mode
- Improved loot distribution
- Improved balancing
- Complete rework of the hub
- All campaign/quest logic issues are fixed
Additionally to these campaign features, the Reforced Edition will have a visually and functionally enhanced User Interface, full gamepad support, and new content:
- A new skirmish map
- Journey Mode: An additional game mode similar to the original SpellForce’s “Free Game Mode”, providing more than 20 hours of unique content and a lot of replay value. Can be played in Coop!
- Journey Skirmish: Play PvP skirmish matches against other players with your overpowered journey heroes
- Arena Mode: An additional endless game mode where you start with a fresh character, fight against waves of monsters, and buy loot and spells from merchants to compete with other players in the leaderboards. Can also be played in Coop!
- Mod Support for the new Journey and Arena modes: Create your own Journey or arena maps and share them with the community.
Additionally to the SpellForce III Reforced base game, both expansions will also be available on March 8, 2022. “Soul Harvest” and “Fallen God” will each one sold separately at an SRP of $19.99.
If you haven’t already checked it out, here’s the announcement trailer from earlier this year: