Spellforce III is being re-released for consoles later this year, Dec. 7, bringing the unique RTS/RPG hybrid to PlayStation and Xbox platforms for the first time. The new Reforced edition of the game will also be available for PC players, and those who already own the game can look forward to a free update.
Additionally to the SpellForce III Reforced base game, both expansions on the same date. “Soul Harvest” and “Fallen God” can be purchased separately for $19.99, or together along with the main game for $59.99.
Today’s press release doesn’t elaborate on the details of the new edition, but presumably, it’s to feature some form of enhanced graphics and quality of life improvements over the original. What we did get is a new cinematic trailer to hype the arrival of the new version, which you can check out below.
For those who aren’t familiar with Spellforce III, it is unique for its hybridization of RTS and RPG genres. You can check out the story synopsis and key features below.
SpellForce III Reforced is a unique mix of an epic RPG storyline blended with accessible real-time strategy elements, designed to offer a riveting console experience to fans and newcomers alike.
It is the year 518. The rebellion of the renegade mages, known as the Mage Wars, has been quashed by the Crown. However, it was a Pyrrhic victory: Whole regions have fallen into anarchy, refugees roam the lands in search of shelter, and a mysterious, deadly plague called the “Bloodburn” has arisen and is spreading rapidly.
- Innovative Mix: Unique gameplay blending RTS and RPG naturally together
- Streamlined for consoles: Intuitive gamepad integration and tailor-made UI to smoothly control a strategy/RPG mix with complex mechanics
- Create & Customize: Create your own hero and choose between distinct skill trees
- Single-player campaign: Featuring the dark, enthralling story of the long-misunderstood Trolls and their battle for survival, with a playtime of around 20 hours
- Build to Fight: Raise your own army and fight epic mass battles
- Epic Storyline: Immerse yourself in a rich world – Unravel the secrets behind the current situation in Nortander. Explore Eo, a fully-realized world filled with interesting characters and heart-wrenching stories.
- Make new friends – assemble your party from a diverse cast of companions that not only complement your skills in interesting ways but also have an impact on the narrative. Manage their skills and equipment to ensure victory on the battlefield.
- Choose your side: Strengthen and command one of three factions – Elves, Orcs and Humans. Prepare your troops and fight the mother of all battles. Play strategically, taking advantage of terrain, troop formations, visibility, scouting, etc.
- Experience an epic tale: Enjoy a fully-voiced 30+ hour campaign on your own or with friends in the campaign coop mode. Face opponents of all skills in the online battles.
- The Best Teams in FIFA 23 Explained
- Saints Row vs GTA: Which Is Better?
- Where to Find Ranger Shotgun in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4
- Genshin Impact 3.1 Phase I Events: Hyakunin Ikki, Curtain of Leaves & More
- When Does Overwatch 1 Shut Down? Answered