Earlier today, it was revealed on the Oculus Twitter account and at the Facebook Connect 2021 event that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is in development for the Oculus Quest 2. There’s no release date or window yet, but the tweet indicated that there will be more information coming soon.
You can find the official statement about this announcement from Oculus down below:
Today at Connect, we announced that the Rockstar Games classic Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is in development for Quest 2. Get a new perspective on Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas as you experience (again or for the first time) one of gaming’s most iconic open worlds. This is a project many years in the making, and we can’t wait to show you more of it.
As of right now, it doesn’t appear that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is currently in development for any other headsets from Oculus or other VR hardware manufacturers.
It’s currently unclear which development team will be developing this VR version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the Oculus Quest 2. But what we know for sure is that this will be only the second Rockstar original game that will be remade for VR and the first one since LA Noire: The VR Case Files released back in 2017.
The tweet announcing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the Oculus Quest 2 can be found below.
For more information on the other gaming announcements made at Facebook Connect 2021, you can find them right here.
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy Gets New Patch Fixing a Laundry List of Bugs
- Rockstar Apologizes for Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy Issues; Promises Updates & Free Classic Versions for PC
- Rockstar Details Numerous Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Enhancements
- Grand Theft Auto V Has Shipped Over 155 Million Units; Red Dead Redemption 2 at Over 39 Million
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy Release Date Locked in For November; Trailer Showcases Improvements