NBA 2K22 is promising a lot of improvements with its upcoming release, and they aren’t afraid to let fans know it. In a recent post to their official website, NBA 2K Gameplay Director Mike Wang went over what fans can expect from the next iteration in the franchise.
It should come as no surprise that the main areas of focus for updates to NBA 2K22 will revolve around Defense, Dribbling, and Shooting. Notable changes revolve around feel more rhythmic, as the game introduces improved AI defenders, 32 unique dribble sequences, and a brand new shot meter that is based on a timing and quality-based stat combination called Shot IQ.
These improvements will also help in other areas, as Finishing and Post Play also have received considerable touch-ups. You can see an example of a lot of these features in the gameplay reveal trailer below.
Last but not least, NBA 2K22 looks to build upon the player builder that was introduced in the last game, adding plenty of new builds and badges. Here are the new badges you can play around with in NBA 2K22:
- Fast Twitch – Ability to get off the floor quicker for standing layups and dunks
- Grace Under Pressure – Ability to convert standing layups more effectively
- Limitless Takeoff – Ability to soar from further away on driving dunk attempts
- Mouse in the House – Ability for bigs to finish over shorter players more efficiently
- Unstrippable – Ability to secure the ball better when gathering for a layup/dunk in traffic
- Chef – Ability to knock down Steph-like off-dribble deep 3’s
- Limitless Spot-up – Ability to hit logo-range 3’s off a catch and shoot
- Lucky #7 – Boosts your ability to score when shooting early in the clock
- Mismatch Expert – Ability to successfully shoot over taller defenders on a switch
- Glue Hands – Ability to make difficult catches and quicker branch out to a shot or dribble
- Hyperdrive – Boosts the speed and effectiveness of moving dribble moves
- Quick Chain – Boosts the ability to quickly chain dribble moves together
- Post Playmaker – Boosts the effectiveness of both shots and moves when playing in the post
- Triple Threat Juke – Increases the effectiveness of triple threat fakes, jabs, and go moves
- Ball Stripper – Ability to strip layup and dunk attempts more effectively
- Hustler – Ability to get to those scrappy 50/50 balls quicker than opponents
- Menace – Significantly drops the offensive ratings of opponents when you smother them
Alongside these, NBA 2K22’s MYPLAYER also features a new-gen exclusive known as Takeover Perks, which work as modifiers that you can unlock and equip to strengthen your existing Takeover skills. For the full list of improvements, you can head over to the blog post here.
NBA 2K22 releases for PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC Sept. 10.
- NBA 2K22 The City Trailer Showcases Updates & New Features
- NBA 2K22 Reveals Teams’ PA Announcers With New Trailer
- NBA 2K22 Will Add New Badge System in Its WNBA Mode
- NBA 2K22 Courtside Report Lists This Year’s New Features
- NBA 2K22 Release Date Locked in For September; Cover Athletes Revealed