If you’ve ever fancied playing a horror cooking sim, the first thing we’d say is, oh boy, that’s pretty damn niche. The next thing we’d say is Arizona-based studio Scythe Dev Team may have your distinct tastes covered. Yes, today the indie developer dropped a new trailer and a release window for its upcoming PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC title, dubbed Happy’s Humble Burger Farm.
Go ahead and check out the nightmarish video down below. We warn you, though, you probably won’t be sleeping tonight…
Yep, we know – there’s enough nightmare fuel in there to keep you going till All Hallows’ Eve. But we warned you, right?
As you can see, the footage blends McDonalds-esque jollity with some uber dark Five Nights At Freddy’s vibes, and the result is seriously disturbing. We’re not sure about you, but the happy-go-lucky tone of a family friendly eatery juxtaposed with the horrifying buckets-of-creepy-blood tone really gets under our skins. And that’s from a teaser that’s only half-a-minute long.
Specifically, Happy’s Humble Burger Farm is scheduled to arrive in Q4 2021 on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC. In the meantime, for more information, here’s the rundown courtesy of the game’s latest official press release:
– Heat up the grill, turn on the fryer, set up the drinking machines and get ready to serve customers
– Manage the entire establishment: cook, put out fires, take out the trash, and get rid of unwanted rat guests while fulfilling customers’ orders in time to avoid infractions and end up meeting the wrath of Happy the Humble Heifer
– Uncover the secrets of the franchise and your own existence in Story Mode or unlock the Endless Mode for a non-stop cooking experience
– Stalk the streets and storefronts of New Elysian City, uncover audio logs and research pages to figure out the mystery of the place you call home
– Enjoy the night shift to the tune of nine brand new albums recorded exclusively for the game plus five returning classics through an interactive jukebox
– During your spare time, listen to up to two hours of talk show and watch more than 60 television programs featuring epic cameos
- Dap Is a Cute & Creepy Pikmin-esque Horror Adventure Game Coming to PC on Sept. 29
- Gravity Rush, Silent Hill, & Siren Developer Gives Update on Development of New Horror Game
- Cosmic Horror Meets Sci-Fi in Intense Dolmen Gameplay Trailer
- Conscript Shows Survival Horror in Verdun With New Trailer
- Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Trailer Showcase the Horror That Wait Below