Today, publisher Team17 and developer PlaySide Studios revealed that they’re working together to bring their upcoming dark fantasy survival RTS, Age of Darkness: Final Stand, to Steam Early Access on Oct. 7. In this unique title, players will be thrown into a world plagued by Nightmares.
In order to survive, you’ll need to gather resources, fortify defenses, and recruit new members to the cause in preparation for nightfall. When night occurs, the evil known as the Nightmares will arrive, relentlessly tearing their way across the procedurally generated map in order to reinforce ‘The Veil’, leaving darkness in their wake.
In the official press release for Age of Darkness: Final Stand, the following key features were detailed:
- Nightmares made real: Using an internally developed technology ‘SwarmTech’, Age of Darkness: Final Stand is able to render in over 70, 000 enemies on screen at any point
- All-consuming fog: Claim back the procedurally generated world from‘The Veil’, a dynamic fog that conceals enemies, and drains the life from a player’s forces
- Earn your blessings: Each ‘Death Night’, a random affliction appears that modifies the game, testing the player’s best laid plans and ability to keep the darkness at bay
- A champion must rise: Leading the charge against the horrors that await, Heroes can be the key to turning the tide of battle with their unique abilities
- An army needs training: Configure your army differently each run with a skill tree system for different classes – grant your archers invisibility or imbue your sentinels with life-stealing rage
Anyone interested in Age of Darkness: Final Stand can wishlist it now. For more information, you can also head on over to PlaySide Studios’ official website, which also features all of their previous works.