In this brand new, out-of-this-world adventure, players can experience a boatload of crazy new features and abilities, including a new story, wildlife, bounty hunters, and objectives. We’ve broken down the exact update fans can expect below, straight from the press release.
- Play through a new full narrative, story-based expansion as Trip Westhaven (voiced by Chris Parnell; SNL, 30 Rock, Rick and Morty) is back to narrate, having now been relegated to the online video streaming platform “ViewTube.”
- New Evolutions
- New Evolution Set
- Maximum level cap increased to 40
- Five new organ evolutions with one additional organ slot unlocked at level 35 (requires DLC ownership)
- New “Uber” Apex Predator
- Battle fierce wildlife, including evolved hunt creatures as you eat your way up the food chain to regain regional dominance.
New Military Forces for Bounty Hunter System
- Nicknamed “Site P,” the Plover Island Military complex hosts land forces will launch attacks from beaches and fortifications
- Helicopters will hunt by air
- Five new Bounty Bosses
- New weapons and vehicles for military Bounty Hunters
New Objective Types
- Failure to Communicate:Tail-whip objects to destroy the target objective
- Time Trial: Swim through the rings before time runs out!
Tripwire Interactive Creative Director Sean McBride had the following to say regarding Maneater: Truth Quest’s launch:
The long wait is finally over! Over a year ago we launched Maneater, and the community response has been fantastic,” said Sean McBride, Creative Director at Tripwire Interactive. “The team has been hard at work and Truth Quest is finally here! With it, we have tons of new challenges, an entirely new area to explore, lots and lots of new things to eat, and evolutions to unlock. Find out what Scaly Pete was referring to when the locals talked about ‘Gub’ment Experiments’ lurking the waters of Port Clovis. Bring a tin foil hat, because you are about to swim deep down the rabbit hole of conspiracy and military coverups. Trip Westhaven is going to blow this whole thing wide open!
Maneater: Truth Quest is available now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and PC for $14.99, and requires the base game to play.