Arguably one of the best parts of Life Is Strange: Before the Storm was getting to play Dungeons & Dragons with Steph and Mikey in the first episode. Life Is Strange: True Colors sees the return of one of those characters, Steph, who will play a large role in the plot.
In fact, Steph is so important, she is even getting her own Life Is Strange: True Colors DLC just after the game releases. Titled Wavelengths, this story follows Steph’s journey as the host of a Haven’s all-new radio show for KRCT. Players will get to control her over the course of four seasons, uncovering more about her past and relationships as she makes her mark on the record store and uncovers its secrets.
In the description for the Life Is Strange: True Colors DLC, Deck Nine listed the following features that fans can expect from Wavelengths:
- LIVE ON AIR: You’re the DJ: choose records for the playlist, ‘ad lib’ your way through local commercials, and help Steph compose an original song.
- ROLL THE DICE: Give D20-powered advice to callers with problems both serious and mundane, GM a tabletop RPG, and reach out to reconnect with an old friend.
- SMALL TOWN PRIDE: Swipe left or right on Steph’s dating app matches, and join Steph as she reminisces about formative Prides past.
- A ROOM OF HER OWN: See the record store change over the seasons as Steph asserts her personality, and discover its hidden history and surprising spaces as you explore.
- ALL-NEW SOUNDTRACK: Hits from Girl in Red, Alt-J, Portugal, The Man, Foals, Hayley Kiyoko, Maribou State, and more set the tone for Steph’s journey, each packing an emotional punch.
Life Is Strange: True Colors is out Sept. 10, with Steph’s DLC, ‘Wavelengths’, available Sept. 30 on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, and Stadia, and coming to Nintendo Switch later this year.