11 Bit Studios has just announced that Frostpunk 2 is currently in development for PC. This is a sequel to the studio’s city-builder survival strategy game.
Frostpunk 2 takes place 30 years after the events of the first game, and the apocalyptic blizzard is still around to spread its frost across the Earth. in this sequel, players assume the role of a leader of a resource-hungry metropolis.
With your expansion comes the need for more ways to survive and sustain what you’ve built. Oil extraction is the next step in that process, but you’ll need to manage expectations and dissent from within your society as you cling to life in the Frostland.
Tough choices will need to be made, along with necessary sacrifices as you decide what kind of ruler you want to be.
There’s no release date just yet, but you can check out the cinematic reveal trailer for yourself below as it brings us back into the neverending blizzard:
For those who can’t wait to get their hands on Frostpunk 2, the game can be wishlisted right now on Steam and GOG. Additionally, all three of the first game’s expansions are available now on all consoles for those who haven’t yet gotten the chance to experience them.
- All Three Frostpunk Expansions Are Now Available on Consoles
- Frostpunk Gets a Grim Teaser For its Final Expansion, On The Edge
- Moonlighter’s Big Between Dimensions Expansion Coming to Consoles End of May
- Frostpunk is Coming to PS4 and Xbox One This October
- Frostpunk Is Finally Making Its Way to PS4 and Xbox One This Summer