The Opening Night Live Gamescom stream is now underway, and Far Cry 6 just got a new story-focused trailer to show off its characters and the dangerous situation they find themselves in as they oppose the game’s villain, Anton Castillo.
Castillo is creating a substance called Viviro — a highly effective treatment for cancer — by using slave labor and ravaging the land in the tropical nation of Yara. Players will assume the role of Dani Rojas as they join the guerrilla forces on the island nation to put an end to this tyranny.
You can check out the trailer below to get a look at what’s to come story-wise in Far Cry 6 ahead of its Oct. 7 release date.
Far Cry 6 is coming to PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S late this year.
You can check out the full recording of the presentation on The Game Awards Twitch channel or YouTube channel to see more of what was announced during the Gamescom 2021 Opening Night Live stream. You’ll be able to see all of the other trailers or announcements that you may have missed during the event.
The full recording will let you have a look at everything that was shown off during the event today.
- Far Cry 6 Post-Launch Content Includes Stranger Things Crossover & Taco Delivery With Danny Trejo
- The Newest Far Cry 6 Trailer Fans the Flames of Revolution
- Far Cry 6 Overview Trailer Showcases Plenty of PC Features
- Far Cry 6 Stream Shows Off Tons of Gameplay With Detailed Commentary
- Far Cry 6 Is Full of Customizable Chaos (Hands-On Preview)