It’s only been a couple of weeks since Capcom released Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin for PC and Switch, and it’s already proving to be quite the commercial success for the company. Capcom announced today that the game has officially passed the one million mark in terms of number of copies sold –certainly nothing to scoff at.
“The Monster Hunter series consists of hunting action games that pit players against giant monsters in a beautiful natural environment. Beginning with the first title in 2004, the series established a new genre in which players cooperate to hunt ferocious monsters with their friends and has since grown into a global phenomenon with cumulative sales of the series exceeding 72 million units shipped as of March 31, 2021.”Capcom
Unlike the mainline series, though, Wings of Ruin is a turn-based JRPG that streamlines and even cuts out a lot of the core mechanics that veterans might be used to. It’s also a lot more narrative-focused, and can be a great introduction to the world of Monster Hunter for newcomers.
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is now available on PC and consoles.
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Play Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 for Nintendo Switch & PC Gets New Character Trailer Introducing Ena & Kyle
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 for Nintendo Switch and PC Gets New Character Trailer Introducing Reverto
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Review – Monstie Hunting
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 for Nintendo Switch and PC Gets New Character Trailer Introducing Avinia