As revealed last week, Rockstar Games is continuing its long-running support of GTA Online today with the launch of a massive free update called Los Santos Tuners. The update delivers a highly-requested addition to the game: a deeper level of automotive modification and tuning with epic, vehicle-themed missions.
A trailer today offers a first glimpse of the update, which is now available to download across all platforms:
Here’s a breakdown of Los Santos Tuners’ key features:
- The LS Car Meet: based in a warehouse in Cypress Flats, a social space in which up to 30 players and their personal vehicles can meet, hang out and show off their rides, mod them in real time with friends.
- LS Car Meet Membership with access to the Membership Progression to earn Reputation levels and access to New Pursuit and Street Races, the Test Track, Test Rides, the Prize Ride Challenge, Mod Shop, Merch Shop, Tattoo Shop, and much more
- New Auto Shop property featuring new ways to earn income by modding and delivering high-end vehicles, an exotic export list of vehicles to boost, all while operating as a front for larger-scale robbery Contracts
- 6 new, multi-part, high-stakes Contracts – epic, Tuner-themed robberies
- 10 new highly customizable vehicles available at launch with more to come in the months ahead
New Ways to Discover & Collect Music
- “Kenny’s Backyard Boogie” mix by Music Locker resident DJ and illicit auto scene connect, Moodymann aka KDJ featuring new and exclusive tracks from Moodymann, Channel Tres, Nez and Gangsta Boo – to be found on a Media Stick within the LS Car Meet
- Four collectible Media Sticks featuring the CircoLoco Records Monday Dreamin’ EPs with artists spanning CircoLoco’s 20-year history such as, Music Locker resident DJ Moodymann, After Hours resident Dixon, Carl Craig, Sama’ Abdulhadi, Luciano, tINI, Seth Troxler, Rampa, Lost Souls of Saturn & TOKiMONSTA, Red Axes, and many more.
- Access to a special new CircoLoco Records DJ mix, the “CLR Launch Party” mix from Seth Troxler, the first appearance from the new partnership from Rockstar Games and CircoLoco in-game (unlocked by collecting all four Monday Dreamin’ media sticks)
- A new customizable Radio Wheel feature that, for the first time in GTA series history, lets
- players favorite which stations they want to appear
- New apparel from real-world street fashion label, Born x Raised
Today’s launch also includes a drop of 10 new highly modifiable vehicles, both domestic and imported, in a range of classes:
- Obey Tailgater S
- Annis Euros
- Dinka RT3000
- Annis ZR350
- Vulcar Warrener HKR
- Karin Calico GTF
- Annis Remus
- Dinka Jester RR
- Karin Futo GTX
- Vapid Dominator GTT
In other recent Rockstar Games news, the developer has recently launched an equally substantial new update for Red Dead Online.