Today Niantic announced that almost exactly three years since the first Eevee Community Day in Pokemon GO, the Evolution Pokemon will yet again be the featured Pokemon in the month of August. And just like last time, this Community Day will span two days instead of just the regular single day.
Despite that similarity with the original Eevee Community Day, there are a number of features and bonuses that will be quite different. For starters, each eeveelution will get its own special Community Day attack instead of just learning Last Resort. Instead, Eevee you catch in the wild or hatch during Community Day will know Last Resort.
You can find the full list of Community Day attacks down below.
- Vaporeon: Scald
- Jolteon: Zap Cannon
- Flareon: Superpower
- Espeon: Shadow Ball
- Umbreon: Psychic
- Leafeon: Bullet Seed
- Glaceon: Water Pulse
- Sylveon: Psyshock
And even more noteworthy is that the evolution window for getting Pokemon with these moves will be greatly expanded compared to regular Community Day events. Typically, you’ll be able to evolve a Pokemon on Community Day up to two hours after the event ends and still get its special attack. This time around, any Eevee evolved between Aug. 13 at 10 AM and Aug. 16 at 10 AM will be able to learn an event-exclusive attack.
And if you’re still worried about having a little trouble getting some of the new eeveelutions (Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon), then there’ll be some added help along the way. There will be a Timed Research task line that will reward you with a Mossy Lure and a Glacial Lure. And for Sylveon, Eevee will only need to earn seven hearts as your buddy instead of the standard 70.
During the actual two days of the Eevee Community Day event, a handful of bonuses and features will be available to Pokemon GO trainers.
- Eevee will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise (this is typically a photobomb by the featured Pokemon)!
- Eggs will require one quarter their usual Hatch Distance.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
Finally, the in-game Shop will have a couple of items you can pick up. Just like past events, there will be a $1 ticket that will give you access to a Special Research story titled What You Choose to Be. There will also be a Community Day Box available for 1280 PokeCoins that will contain 50 Ultra Balls, five Incense, one Elite Charged TM, and one Elite Fast TM.
The Eevee Community Day event itself will take place between Saturday, Aug. 14, 2021, and Sunday, Aug. 15, 2021, from 11 AM to 5 PM local time on each day.
You can check out the official release about Eevee Community Day from The Pokemon GO Team right here.
- Free YouTube Premium & In-Game Items Included in Pokemon GO Fest Perks
- Pokemon GO Revenue Exceeds $5 Billion on its 5 Year Anniversary
- The Bidoof Celebrations in Pokemon Go Just Keep On Coming
- Niantic Is Changing Up Pokemon GO’s Exploration Bonuses In Response to COVID-19 Developments
- Pokemon GO July 2021 Community Day Will Feature Tepig