Game Decks has announced in partnership with Limited Run Games that Playtonic’s platformer Yooka-Laylee is getting its very own tabletop board game. It will be made available exclusively through Limited Run’s website with preorders starting next week.
The game is described as a chaotic tabletop adventure for 2-4 players that fits right in your pocket. Here’s what you can expect from this new real-life Yooka-Laylee adventure:
Quills, quills, quills! Use quills to buy Glide, Reptile Roll and Honey Puddle powerups to give yourself an edge over your opponents.
The Ghost Writers! Have you got what it takes to beat their fiendish challenges and earn a bucket-load of points?
Characters you love (and hate)! You’ll find Blasto, Kartos, Trowzer and TONS more sprawled across the Game Decks board, brought to life with stunning hand-painted artwork.
In addition to the board game, Game Decks is also producing an original Yooka Laylee soundtrack featuring ten songs written and produced by Perry Burkum. The CD will be sold with the special gold edition of the Yooka-Laylee Game Decks game, which also comes with a foil-stamped cover and some extras.
If you’re interested in the Game Decks Yooka-Laylee board game and soundtrack, keep an eye on Limited Run Games official website on June 29, which is the day preorders will begin.
You can watch the official launch trailer that showcases the new Yooka-Laylee board game below.
- The Witcher: Old World Is a Competitive Board Game Coming to Kickstarter Soon
- Miniature Board Game Dragon Gyas With Story by Sakura Wars Writer Hits Kickstarter
- Larian Studios is Making a Divinity: Original Sin Board Game
- Steamforged Games Announces Devil May Cry: The Bloody Palace Board Game Kickstarter
- 5 Most Popular Board Games You Should Play Right Now