The PS5 hasn’t been out for very long yet, but there are still a few games that should be in your collection if you like to play online with or without friends. Here are our picks for the best online PS5 games to play in 2021. Every game listed below is either an exclusive or has been enhanced to run better on PS5.
Best Online PS5 Games
Genshin Impact is one of the most popular games out right now, and it just recently got a PS5 upgrade that improves load times, raises the frame rate, provides a better overall experience than what the PS4 provides.
It’s a free-to-play open-world action RPG that can be played in co-op by up to four players. Usually, players control a team of four when playing solo offline, but in co-op each player chooses one character. This means that team composition is important, especially since each character controls one of six elements that react together in different ways. Factoring in which players are healers, tanks, DPS specialists, etc. adds even more depth.
Developer miHoYo still regularly updates the game, adding new playable characters, events, and story content. So it’s never a bad time to hop in and form a team with other players as you explore the world.
- Mecha Strategy JRPG Relayer for PS5 & PS4 Introduces Mercury & Her Voice Actress Mie Sonozaki
- Tales of Arise for PS5, Xbox Series X|S & More Introduces Alphen With New Trailer
- Lost Judgment for PS5, Xbox Series X, & More Shows Gameplay, Minigames, & Cutscenes in New Video
- Mecha Strategy JRPG Relayer for PS5 & PS4 Gets Second English Trailer Showcasing Story & Gameplay
- A Plague Tale: Innocence Is Coming to Xbox Series X, PS5 & Switch