Today Artisan Studios and Dear Villagers announced a release date of Astria Ascending.
The RPG will come for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Game Pass on Sept. 30, 2021.
If you’re unfamiliar with Astria Ascending, the the story is written by Kazushige Nojima, who previously worked on Final Fantasy VII (Remake included), VIII, X, XIII, XV, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II.
The music will be composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto, known for the Valkyria Chronicles series, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Final Fantasy XII and Tactics, & more.
There are also big names involved on the art side, handled by Akihiko Yoshida and Hideo Minaba’s CyDesignation studio.
While Quebec-based Artisan Studios isn’t a Japanese developer, they certainly are quite familiar with working with them, as they worked on Super Neptunia RPG for Compile Heart.
Below you can watch a brand new trailer, enjoy new screenshots, and read an official description and features list.
“An epic adventure with the charm and pedigree of a classic JRPG, Astria Ascending tells an expansive story of fate, sacrifice, and new beginnings. The game was developed in partnership with publisher Dear Villagers and boasts contributions from world-class JRPG developers, with a narrative written by Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VII Remake), score by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story), and art from CyDesignation (Akihiko Yoshida and Hideo Minaba).
In a world where chaos looms, players take control of the Demigods – a motley crew of eight heroes charged with the fate of the world. Each character has their own story explored across five cities, 25 dungeons, and 30 hours of gameplay (or up to 50 hours for players pursuing 100 percent completion). Along with the finely tuned turn-based combat, players can try out a range of side quests and mini-games, including an original fantasy-themed token game.”
- Epic tales: Fight for the future while you reckon with the past; sacrifice everything, relinquish nothing. The story of Astria Ascending was developed in part by writer Kazushige Nojima, known for his work on Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- Living landscapes: Travel the world of Orcanon, a richly imagined and fully animated 2D landscape with five cities and a dynamic weather system.
- Unforgettable characters: Pick from eight customizable player characters spanning a range of fantastical races and skills, and assemble a diverse team of heroes.
- Rewarding combat: Work together to save the world, waging strategic turn-based battles using the innovative focus point system.
- A treat for the ears: With music and SFX from composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Valkyria Chronicles), Astria Ascending is a heart-swelling joy to listen to.