Just last week, Blizzard announced some big changes coming to Overwatch 2’s PvP. Aside from tanks and healers getting buffed, team sizes are also going to get reduced from six to five. This is a huge change and will drastically change the way teams play, as you now have only one tank to work with.
To get an idea of what Overwatch 2’s gameplay will be like, reddit user ajfis3 made use of the Workshop Mode in Overwatch to create custom game settings to mimic the changes coming in the sequel.
Team sizes are now limited to five, support characters now have passive healing, and Zarya also now has an extra bubble charge. You can check out the mode for yourself by entering the code in your copy of Overwatch.
So far, it looks pretty decent, though there’s still no getting around the fact that these changes have sparked some backlash from the competitive community.
Overwatch 2 doesn’t have a set release date yet, but we’ll keep you updated as more info comes our way.
- Overwatch 2 Trailer Shows Off New Looks for Sombra & Baptiste
- Overwatch 2 Team Sizes to Drop to 5 Instead of 6, Tanks & Supports to Get Buffs
- Blizzard to Reveal New Overwatch 2 Gameplay & Details Next Week
- Overwatch 2 Reveals Plenty of Details About Gameplay, Story Campaign, New Hero Looks, & Much More
- Overwatch 2020 Anniversary Event Now Live; Ends on June 9