Returnal is the first big PS5 exclusive to come since what feels like its launch. It actually might be, I can’t even remember. Lots of people are really enjoying Returnal and for all different reasons.
However, losing progress on your run would definitely not be enjoyable. There’s a Returnal patch on the way and when it goes live, if you’re in the middle of a run you will get bumped and lose your progress if your PS5 is allowed to update.
There is a workaround, though that Housemarque themselves pointed out today.
The trick is to turn your auto-update off, and if you do that, you’ll be able to keep your run paused and intact. Just remember to turn it back on after you’re done and get that update downloaded eventually.
If you’re playing through Returnal and looking for some tips and tricks, check out our extensive wiki, filled with helpful guides to get you through the entire game.
- Returnal’s Patch 1.3.3 Gets Pulled After Reports of Save Data Corruption
- New Returnal Patch 1.3.3 Notes Reveal Bug Fixes & Stability Improvements, But No Save System
- Returnal Has Debug Cheats You Can Access by Plugging in a Keyboard, But Not For Long
- Returnal Has Reminded Me That Variety Is the Spice of Life
- Best Returnal Weapons; All 11 Ranked from Worst to Best