Returnal is the first big PS5 exclusive to come since what feels like its launch. It actually might be, I can’t even remember. Lots of people are really enjoying Returnal and for all different reasons.
However, losing progress on your run would definitely not be enjoyable. There’s a Returnal patch on the way and when it goes live, if you’re in the middle of a run you will get bumped and lose your progress if your PS5 is allowed to update.
There is a workaround, though that Housemarque themselves pointed out today.
The trick is to turn your auto-update off, and if you do that, you’ll be able to keep your run paused and intact. Just remember to turn it back on after you’re done and get that update downloaded eventually.
If you’re playing through Returnal and looking for some tips and tricks, check out our extensive wiki, filled with helpful guides to get you through the entire game.
- Latest Returnal Patch Sees Difficulty Adjustments for Tower of Sisyphus
- Returnal Wins Best Game and More at 2022 BAFTA Games Awards
- Returnal Tower of Sisyphus Gameplay Showcases New Ascension Expansion in Action
- Returnal Getting Co-op in Update 3.0 Coming This Month
- Returnal Update 2.0 Finally Adds Save Cycle Feature in Addition to New Photo Mode