Today Production Exabilities announced that its upcoming narrative 3D shooter Wing of Darkness has gone gold.
The announcement was made via Twitter alongside a video showcasing the long journey of the game’s development.
If you’re unfamiliar with the industry lingo, it means that the development of the data that will be shipped on the disk has been concluded, and the game is ready for its release. There may still be a day-one patch, but what will be printed on the physical release is ready and finalized and ready to go.
You can find the announcement below.
If you’re unfamiliar with this gorgeous narrative-driven 3D shooter, here’s an official description and you can watch the latest gameplay.
“Between high-octane action sequences and dramatic cutscenes, the Frauleins’ war unfolds…
In Wing of Darkness, you play as a Fraulein: a young woman battling against hostile invaders known as Blankers. The game is comprised of two elements: an exhilarating action segment, in which the player flies through beautifully rendered skies, shooting down enemies with a never-ending supply of ammunition, followed by a fully-voiced cutscene wherein the two main heroines act as the narrators, depicting the war from their perspectives.
A thrilling, action-packed adventure awaits! The story unfolds from the POV of two warriors
Young women prepare to take flight. For themselves, and for the whole world…
An unknown enemy, the Blankers, have completely changed the nature of combat. Now, war has become a game for the survival of mankind.
Nothing can defeat the Blankers except the Held System, a state-of-the-art weapon, and the Frauleins, the young women are uniquely disposed to using them.
This means that Frauleins are humanity’s last hope. They must be prepared to face their greatest fears as they take flight against the enemy.
If they don’t fight, mankind will be wiped out. But in doing so, the Frauleins will lose something very dear to them…
This is a story of what it means to truly be human, told through the eyes of two brave young warriors.”
- Simple Mechanics: Enjoy zipping through the sky in all directions with simple gameplay controls.
- Unlimited Ammo: Ammunition replenishes itself gradually over time.
Choose your weapon before each mission and experience the exhilaration of shooting down powerful enemies without any restrictions.
- Stunning Visuals: The various missions depict stylish aerial combat with laser weapons and missiles. The sky’s the limit!
- Fully Voiced Story: Cutscenes take place before and after the action sequences. The story is told in a reminiscent narrative that alternates between the perspectives of the two main heroines, Klara (voiced by Kiyono Yasuno) and Erika (voiced by Chihira Mochida).
- Two Frauleins: The story begins when two young women from complete opposite backgrounds meet.
At first, they dislike each other, but they eventually grow to respect one another, coming together to fight against the unknown threat of the Blankers, as well as the mystery surrounding the Fraulein military program.