The final Act of Valorant Episode 2 is about to commence, bringing with it a new map called Breeze. Ahead of its launch later today, Riot Games has issued patch notes breaking down all the changes coming with Patch 2.08. Of particular note is a special Unrated queue dedicated to Breeze, which will run for two weeks to give players a chance to get used to the map before it’s added to the standard Unrated and Competitive rotation.
Elsewhere, esports fans will be excited to see that coaching slots have been added to Custom Games, which should help professional teams better execute tactics during competitions, as well as generally improving the overall standard of play.
There are also some smaller quality of life improvements, social updates, and bug fixes in Patch 2.08. You can check out the full patch notes below.
Valorant Patch 2.08 Notes
- Breeze will launch alongside a Breeze-only Unrated queue that will remain active for two weeks
- More details on this queue can be found in the Competitive Updates section below.
- Added a Breeze-only Unrated queue for those who want to grind our new map
- Breeze will also be available in the standard queues for Deathmatch, Spike Rush, and Escalation as well as Custom games.
- This queue will only be active for two weeks. During this two week period, Breeze will not be available in the standard, Unrated, or Competitive queues. Following this period, the Breeze-only queue will be disabled and Breeze will then become available in the existing Unrated and Competitive queues.
- Reminder! This is the last Act to work for your Episode 2 Rank Reward, awarded after the end of Act III
Game System Updates
- Coach slots have been added to Tournament Mode Custom Games
- Coach slots Current Functionality:
- Coaches can spectate Tournament Mode games and are locked to observing the team chosen in the custom game lobby.
- Coaches cannot use Map Pings, Team Chat, or Voice Chat in-game.
- Coaches can use All Chat and Party Chat to allow for cases where they may need to communicate with a Tournament Moderator.
- Coaches can pause a match in cases where that functionality is allowed to players.
Quality of Life
● We’ve heard your requests (and where they came from)! Weapon drop sounds have been
added to HRTF.
- Reporter Feedback has been added into the game. Those of you who make reports against disruptive players that get actioned on will now be notified. Thanks for helping make VALORANT a better place for everyone and keep those reports coming 🙂
- Warnings are now enabled for first-offenders who need to be reminded of the in-game code of conduct. No excuses for bad behavior now!
- Wild Rift players will now appear on the social panel
- Fixed Killjoy’s Turret and Alarmbot icons disappearing when disabled
- Fixed Astra and Brimstone’s smokes from blocking flashes even when you are not fully inside them
- Fixed Viper’s Toxic Screen going longer than intended when it passed through the teleporter on Bind
- Fixed Viper’s Poison Cloud pickup distance being 200 instead of the intended 400
- Improved performance of Astra’s Nebula VFX on low settings
- Fixed a bug where, in Spike Rush, picking up the weapon upgrade orb with the Operator equipped would cause you to lose your Operator and receive nothing to replace it
- Now, you will keep your Operator, and will be granted a random secondary slot weapon.
- Fixed a bug that was causing rank icons to disappear in Match History.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Act Rank badges to show up on map loading screens in