According to The Verge, iOS should be getting support for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S controllers in the near future. Apple has released iOS update 14.5 to beta testers. The update allows for current-gen controller support for both iOS phone and iPad devices.
This is only available to beta testers at the moment. If you’re still using an older version of iOS you’ll have to make due with PS4 and Xbox One controllers for the time being. Hopefully, though, everything goes smoothly and the wait after the beta testing isn’t too long for those looking to take advantage of this update.
Recently, Microsoft announced that Xbox Cloud gaming will begin beta testing on iOS devices as well. So if you’re a fan of gaming on your iPhone or iPad, you should a few things to look forward to coming up.
- Sony Aims to “Aggressively Invest” in First-Party Studios & Continue to Partner With External Developers
- Firewalk Studios and Playstation to Partner for an Original Multiplayer IP
- Fairy Tail & Edens Zero Creator & Square Enix Announce New JRPG Gate of Nightmares for iOS & Android
- Xbox Cloud Gaming Brings Game Pass Beta to iOS & Windows 10 From Today
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition For iOS and Android Revealed With Screenshots & Details