Earlier this week, Sony confirmed that its next State of Play digital showcase event would be taking place tonight, April 29, at 5pm EST time. Alongside the time, it was also revealed that the event would focus on the upcoming action-platformer Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, as well as two upcoming indie titles.
While the names of those two indie titles weren’t specifically mentioned, there are a few that we’d love to see. These are the five indie games we’d love to hear from in tonight’s State of Play event.
Oxenfree 2: Lost Signals
State of Play Indie Games We’d Love to See
Recently, Night School Studio shocked fans by unveiling a sequel to Oxenfree at the Nintendo Indie World Showcase. Titled Oxenfree 2: Lost Signals, the next installment picks up five years after the events of the original, following a young girl named Riley.
Mechanics like the walk-and-talk dialogue system and radio tuning look to be returning based on the trailer, though there isn’t much info about the game out yet. We do at least know that it’s set for Nintendo Switch in 2021, but it isn’t too much of a stretch to imagine it’s also coming to other consoles just like the original game.
Fans loved Oxenfree when it released on PS4 back in 2016, so it only seems fair that the developers reveal the title is also coming to PS4 and PS5, right? Tonight’s State of Play seems like the perfect time to surprise Sony fans by doing just that.
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for PS5 Gets Gorgeous Gameplay Video During Playstation’s State of Play
- New State of Play Showcase Announced For This Week; Will Focus on Rift Apart & Indies
- Sony’s State of Play Shows Off More Oddworld: Soulstorm
- 3D Platformer Solar Ash Gets Overview Trailer at State of Play
- Knockout City Gets New Gameplay Breakdown During State of Play