Phasmophobia quickly became a horror sensation when it released on Steam early access late last year, and Kinetic Games is still pushing out updates to make it even better. A couple months back, a beta branch was released that would allow ghosts to actually hear player voices and track them based on that. The official update is out now, and it makes quite a few tweaks to increase the game difficulty.
For starters, here’s how the ghost AI works now:
- The ghost will now follow your around corners if it has lost sight of you rather than searching a random location.
- The ghost will now listen for player voices when hunting and will search those locations. This will not work if you are not the banshee target.
- The ghost can now open lockers and closets outside of a hunt.
- The ghost will now open doors, closets and lockers during hunts. This can be stopped by holding the door however the ghost can still walk through room doors like usual.
- Slightly increased the ghosts chance to wander on all difficulties.
- The ghost will now search around the location it last saw a player rather than searching a random location.
- The ghost will now target any player that gets close to it whilst it’s already chasing another player.
In addition to that, Professional difficulty changes also make the game a bit more challenging:
- Professional Difficulty: You will no longer be told if the Ghost responds to groups or only if you are alone.
- Professional Difficulty: The power will now always start off.
- Removed the dirty water objective as it was too hard to get. It will still remain as extra photo evidence.
- Removed the temperature objective due to the temperature changes listed below.
- The Activity Monitor will now show an estimated value rather than the true value.
- Glow sticks will now have the same brightness when you are holding them as when they are thrown.
- Improved the movement of ghost orbs so that they stay inside the room longer and are easier to see.
- EMF Readers will now give random values during hunts similar to how the flashlight flashes during hunts.
- The ghost appearing and walking towards you will now count as a ghost event.
- Dead players will no longer count towards the average sanity. Instead alive players will now lose 15 sanity each time a player dies.
- Lowered the resolution of the photos to help with lag spikes when taking the photo.
- The $50 photo reward challenge has been changed to be a total $50 reward over multiple games.
- Banshees will now hunt like other ghosts and target any player when it’s target player is outside.
- Improved how the bone spawns to help prevent it spawning in unreachable locations.
This update also includes a few other quality-of-life improvements, and you can check out the full list here.
Phasmophobia is now available on Steam early access.
- New Phasmophobia Update Lets Ghosts Listen Out for Player Voices
- Phasmophobia, Everything You Need to Know About the New Ghost Hunting Game