Earlier today, the MLB The Show Twitter account dropped some big news for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S owners who plan to pick up the latest edition of Sony’s baseball sim next month. MLB The Show 21 will run in 4K at 60fps on the latest Sony and Microsoft consoles.
But that’s not all they revealed today. A new trailer released by Sony San Diego this morning also detailed a few other features coming to the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game.
Of course, this Sony-developed game will include all of the little PS5 bells and whistles that you might expect from a first-party title. That means MLB The Show 21 will have 3D Audio and DualSense support.
It’s not entirely clear what they mean by DualSense support, but this typically refers to the special features of the PS5 controller like haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.
The big reveal at the end of the trailer shows off the addition of a stadium creator in MLB The Show 21. However, the text at the bottom of the video seems to indicate that this mode will only be available on the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game.
You can check out the full MLB The Show 21 next-gen trailer down below.
- Xbox Game Pass Adds GTA V, MLB The Show 21, and More in April
- MLB The Show 21 Available on Game Pass at Launch
- MLB The Show 21 Is Stunning as Latest Trailer Teases Roberto Clemente
- MLB The Show 21 Revealed, Releasing on PlayStation & Xbox With Cross-Play
- MLB Reps From All 30 Teams are Forming an MLB The Show Players League