Microsoft announced two new special edition colors of Xbox Wireless Controllers coming to consoles and PC this spring.
The first color is Electric Volt featuring a bright yellow case with a white back and black for the bumpers, while the Daystrike Camo follows with previous camo-colored controllers with a mix of deep reds, black and grey.
Microsoft said in the announcement that the new controllers will be made with post-consumer recycled (PCR) resins, which will be a first for the company in Xbox hardware. The two controllers will contain “a portion” of the resins made from recycled materials such as automotive headlight covers, plastic water jugs, and CDs.
The company noted that the controllers will still have “the same controller durability or performance” as previous controllers according to its internal tests. Also like previous controllers, the new hardware will connect wirelessly with Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, and through Bluetooth for Windows 10 PC and mobile devices.
The Electric Volt Xbox Wireless Controller will be available starting April 27 for $64.99, while the Daystrike Camo Special Edition Xbox Wireless Controller will be available on May 4 for $69.99. The company is also selling a limited-run clothing line based on the two new designs starting on April 27.
- Xbox Games With Gold Offers Darksiders III and More for August 2021
- Samurai Warriors 5 Giveaway – Win One of Three Copies for PS4, Switch, Xbox, or PC by Sharing Your Comments
- Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water For PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, & PC Gets Release Date
- Microsoft “All-In” On Games as Xbox Series X|S Are Fastest-Selling MS Consoles Ever
- Xbox Hardware Revenue Up 172% YoY, Content & Services Down 4%; Microsoft Gaming Revenue Up 11%