Latest Valheim Patch Nerfs Greydwarf Farming, Issues Balancing Changes & Bug Fixes
Developer Iron Gate has today published the Valheim patch notes for a substantial update that went live yesterday. 0.148.6 introduces a number of new balancing changes and bug fixes; most notably, it nerfs the ability to farm Greydwarfs with the toaster method shared on Reddit a couple of weeks back.
If you hadn’t heard, players had discovered that by building a pit full of bonfires, campfires, and hearths at a Greydwarf spawn point they were able to trap and kill Greydwarfs, creating a never-ending resource farm.
The new patch more or less puts that to an end with a balance change that sees fires taking damage when dealing damage. It’s still possible, of course, but it now requires constant repairs to maintain.
Elsewhere, there are some other notable changes, including an increase in inventory space for reinforced chests, as well as boss drops now floating on water to make looting easier.
For those who frequently use Valheim’s console commands, the latest patch also changes the “imacheater” command to “devcommands.”
Here’s the full list of patch notes:
* Campfire,Bonfire & hearth take damage when dealing damage
* Reinforced chest inventory space increased to 6×4
* All boss drops can now float on water
* Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to stop tombstones from getting stuck)
* Fixed rotation of Wood tower shield on item stands
* Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop rate increased
* 1 & 2 Star creature HP fix
* Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run away & despawn after starting to tame)
* Harpoon does not work on bosses anymore
* Ingame console disabled by default (add launch argument “-console” to enable)
* The console command for enabling developer/debug commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
* Improved enemy projectile reaction system
* Battle axe tweaks (hits multiple enemies easier)
* Player knockback force is affected by equipment speed modifiers (IE heavy gear will reduce the knockback from enemies)
* Blackforest stone tower tweaks
* Ward system fixes (You can no longer place a new ward where an enemy ward overlaps)
* Comfort calculation fixed
* “Failed to connect” error message fixed
* Serpent trophy stack fix
* Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds “genloc” command needs to be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only needed if your specific world has this issue, this is not very common)
* Megingjord item-collider fix
* Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator
* Hammer remove auto-repeat added
* Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible)
* Dolmen location fixes (Stop top stone from falling for no reason)
* Fixed removing item from item-stand not always syncing item stats
* Server list refresh button can be pressed before the entire list has been downloaded
* Better bad connection detection
* Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected
* Localization updates
For more on Valheim, you can check out Twinfinite’s recent list of best seeds to visit.