Following yesterday’s announcement of the solo experience event coming next week, Fortnite’s Zero Point has begun glowing purple and pulsing every couple of minutes.
First spotted by Fortnite dataminer HYPEX over on Twitter, the Zero Point — found floating in the air above the center of the Battle Royale island — has changed color and started to pulse every two minutes.
As a quick comparison, here’s a screenshot we nabbed of the Zero Point prior to this recent change.
We hopped into the game today to check it out for ourselves and nabbed a few quick photos from both in-game and the ‘Replay’ feature for some close up shots.
The Zero Point’s color change and pulsing has got the Fortnite community conjuring up theories on what to expect heading into Season 6. Some believe the new purplish tinge to the space time anomaly could suggest some sort of link with the iconic Kevin the Cube.
Despite a number of leaks, it’s still unclear exactly how the Season 5 event will play out, and how the overarching storyline of the island will continue.
Yesterday, Epic Games announced that on March 16, players will get to enjoy a new solo experience that rounds out Agent Jones’ mission in the Zero Crisis finale.
Chapter 2 Season 6 will also begin on March 16 and is expected to bring a new Battle Pass, theme, and changes to the map.
Are you looking forward to a fresh season of Fortnite to dive into next week? Let us know down in the comments below.
- Fortnite’s Radio Stations Are Being Interrupted by a Mysterious Message
- Horizon Zero Dawn’s Aloy Is Coming to Fortnite With Her Own LTM (Updated)
- Fortnite 16.20 Update Adds New Bows, Vehicle Mods & Princess Fishstick Skin
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5’s Event Was a Reminder of Just How Far the Game’s Come
- Square Enix Celebrates Tomb Raider Anniversary with Survivor Trilogy Bundle, Fortnite Crossover, & Cookbook