Epic Games announced today it will be bringing more social features to its digital storefront and game launcher this month and throughout the year.
One of the social features coming sometime in March is “Player Cards,” which are similar to other platforms, allowing players to manage friends. Although, the ability to join their party, invite to a new party, or customize the Player Card will come in a future update.
Also coming this month is a “Do Not Disturb” button to silence friend and game invites while playing alongside a more efficient search tool that features “mutual friend count, the ability to search across platforms, and better matching overall.” The Epic Games Store Social Panel can now be accessed in a minimized view to see notification without opening a completely separate window.
The company did detail other features in the announcement that are planned for this year including a full party system that can communicate through voice, text, and “more.” The party system will contain individual audio and video options for each player inside the “Active Party Window,” where players can also share game highlights. The window can also be accessed while playing a game with a simplified view.
The Epic Game Store launched in December 2018 and has steadily added store and social features that other platforms have already established. The store does have its own Trello board with a roadmap listing various features like a shopping cart, user reviews, and and Android store planned for the future.
- NEO: The World Ends With You Release Date Announced for PS4 & Switch; Also Coming to PC via Epic Games Store
- Eiyuden Chronicle by Suikoden Creators Won’t Be Epic Games Store Exclusive; New Details Revealed
- Rage 2 and Absolute Drift Free on Epic Games Store This Week
- Axiom Verge 2 Announced for 2021 Epic Games Store Release
- Kingdom Hearts Series Is Coming to PC via Epic Games Store