The Division 2 studio Massive Entertainment revealed patch notes for the 12.1 update that adds the limited-time Resident Evil crossover event, next generation support, and other changes.
The Resident Evil crossover event, announced last month at Capcom’s Resident Evil Showcase, will offer various themed outfits and cosmetic items for The Division 2 players.
Players will receive the Leon Kennedy RPD Outfit by simply logging during the event, while the Chris Redfield S.T.A.R.S. Outfit, Umbrella Corporation Operative, Rebecca Chambers S.T.A.R.S. Outfit, and Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S. Outfit will have to be earned.
There will also be seven new back trophies and four patches that can be earned by completing S.T.A.R.S. Support and S.T.A.R.S. Assault projects. These replace the Base of Operations level 40 daily projects with one available each day.
The event itself runs from Feb. 2 to Feb. 15 with keys needed to be spent by Feb. 26, and is only available for players who have completed the expansion Warlords of New York campaign.
The 12.1 update also adds support for 60 FPS at 4K resolution for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, reduces Optimization Station costs by 75% and recipes by 50%, and changes the Reanimated Global Event so the green cloud produced by killing enemies with headshot now heals players and increases outgoing damage rather than harms.
The Division 2 update will be available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One after server maintenance has concluded on Tuesday, Feb. 2.
- Resident Evil Comes to The Division 2 via Limited Time Crossover Event
- The Division 2 Reveals New Operation Iron Horse Raid With New Trailer
- Ubisoft Spring Sale Discounts Breakpoint, The Division 2, Assassin’s Creed Titles & More
- The Division 2 Title Update 7 Releases Alongside Episode 3 Missions
- The Division 2: Warlords of New York Expansion Announced; Return to NYC This March