Today Electronic Arts announced the release date of the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.
The game will bring back the original Mass Effect trilogy on May 14 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC (via Origin and Steam) with further enhancements for PS5 and Xbox Series X.
The remaster supporting 4K resolution and more will include over 40 DLC, so it’s basically your full pre-Andromeda package.
You can watch the trailer below.
If you’re unfamiliar with Mass Effect, here’s an official description for your perusal.
“One person is all that stands between humanity and the greatest threat it’s ever faced. Relive the legend of Commander Shepard in the highly acclaimed Mass Effect trilogy with the Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition. Includes single-player base content and over 40 DLC from Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 games, including promo weapons, armors and packs — remastered and optimized for 4K Ultra HD.
Experience an amazingly rich and detailed universe where your decisions have profound consequences on the action and the outcome.”
- Relive the Cinematic Saga — Heart-pounding action meets gripping interactive storytelling, where you decide how your unique story unfolds.
- Three Games, One Launcher: Play through the single-player story of all 3 Mass Effect trilogy games including over 40 DLC, promo weapons, armors and packs.
- Remastered for a New Generation: Experience the trilogy in 4K Ultra HD with enhanced textures, visuals and models.
- Visual Enhancements for the First Mass Effect Game: The game’s been given a full world-building pass including environmental art, VFX and level relighting.
- Experience the Legend of Shepard — Create and customize your own character — from appearance and skills to a personalized arsenal — then lead your elite recon squad across a galaxy in turmoil.
- New Shepard Customizations: From the ability to play the iconic FemShep from Mass Effect 3 to additional (and improved) hair choices, you can create your Shepard in a unified character creator with all options available across the full trilogy.
- Gameplay Enhancements for the First Mass Effect Game: Enjoy improved aiming and weapons balance, better Mako controls, input/controls, squad behavior, cover behavior and gameplay cameras.
- Improved Performance: Experience incredible performance upgrades: 60 FPS on Xbox One X and PlayStation®4 Pro, and uncapped FPS on PC and next generation consoles.
- Reflect on Your Choices — Your choices seamlessly travel from one game to the next. Each decision you make will control the outcome of every mission, every relationship, every battle — and even the fate of the galaxy itself.
- Visual Improvements on All 3 Games: Updates include enhanced models, shaders, FX, lighting and depth of field, plus full-resolution audio.
- Graphic Mode Options: Now includes VSync, uncapped framerate, or choose between “Favor Quality” for increased resolution or “Favor Framerate” to boost your FPS.
- PC Updates: Both DirectX 11 and controller support are now available.
- All the Content — Mass Effect Legendary Edition includes single-player base content for all 3 titles (Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3), your favorite single-player story DLC, promo weapons, armors and packs:
- DLC: Bring Down the Sky, Genesis, Zaeed — The Price of Revenge, Kasumi — Stolen Memory, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Firewalker Pack, Overlord, Normandy Crash Site, Arrival, Genesis 2, From Ashes, Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut, Leviathan, Omega and Citadel.
- Weapons and Armor: Cerberus Weapons and Armor, Arc Projector, Collector’s Weapon and Armor, Terminus Weapon and Armor, M-21 Incisor, Blood Dragon Armor, Inferno Armor, Recon Hood, Sentry Interface, Umbra Visor, N7 Warfare Gear, AT-12 Raider, Chakram Launcher, M-55 Argus, M-90 Indra and Reckoner Knight Armor.
- Packs: Equalizer Pack, Aegis Pack, Firepower Pack, Groundside Resistance Pack, Recon Operations Pack, Firefight Pack, ME2 Alternate Appearance Pack 1, ME2 Alternate Appearance Pack 2, ME3 Alternate Appearance Pack 1, and N7 Collector’s Edition Pack.
In the meanwhile, we know that BioWare is working on the next chapter of the saga, even if we don’t know what precisely it will be about.