Announced during last week’s full-length Nintendo Direct, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is getting a Super Mario-themed event on the 25th, and players will get to place the iconic warp pipes all over their island.
If you’ve played a Mario game, you probably already know how warp pipes work. Enter one, and you’ll come out from the other end in another location. In the context of Animal Crossing, it sounds like a very convenient way to get from one end of your island to the other. Nintendo took to Twitter to explain a little more about how they’d work.
You’ll be able to place a warp pipe in your own home and another in a separate location, and essentially immediately teleport from your house to wherever the other pipe is located. And if you have more than two pipes, your warp location will be randomized when you enter one.
The event goes live on Feb. 25th, and more Mario-themed items will be on sale in-game on March 1. Animal Crossing New Horizons is now available exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons