Ever since the first version of Zombies in World at War, the Ray Gun has been one of Call of Duty’s most iconic weapons. Now that Black Ops Cold War‘s new map, Firebase Z, is out, players are trying to get their in-game hands on it again. If you’re struggling to find it, we’ve got all the information you need on whether you can get the Ray Gun in Firebase Z in Zombies.
Firebase Z sees the introduction of a brand new wonder weapon: the Rai K-84, which is immensely powerful itself. However, the ray gun will always be one of the favorites.
Can You Get the Ray Gun in Firebase Z?
In short, it seems like the answer is no, you cannot get the ray gun in Firebase Z. It seems like the new wonder weapon is almost the replacement for the iconic weapon and that’ll you have to play Cold War’s default Zombies map if you’d like to try and get it.
In our own experiences, it hasn’t come up from any of the weapon boxes in the game, and if the various Reddit threads are to be believed, no one else has come across it either, no matter how many times they try.
Considering how relatively easy it was to get your hands on the Ray Gun before the release of Firebase Z, it seems pretty clear that the gun simply isn’t available in the new map.
However, it’s certainly possible that the gun is added to the map somewhere down the line. If that happens or Treyarch release an explanation as to why the weapon has been left out of Firebase Z, we’ll be sure to update you here.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- You Can Play Black Ops Cold War’s New Zombies Mode, Outbreak, a Day Early
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed
- Black Ops Cold War Season Two Intro Cinematic Teases New Operator & Weapons
- Firebase Z Arrives in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s New Patch, Along With Other Tweaks