The Ray Gun is an iconic weapon in Zombies, being hugely powerful and pretty cool. Thankfully, it returns for Black Ops Cold War, but it’s much more challenging to get than it was back in 2008, in World at War. So that you can grab it to rip through the un-dead hordes, here’s everything you need to know about how to get the Ray Gun in Black Ops Cold War Zombies.
Before you can start the process of getting the Ray Gun, you’ll first need to turn on the power in the level and unlock the pack a punch machine. We have detailed guides on how to do both of those things if you haven’t done them already.
How to Get Ray Gun in Black Ops Cold War Zombies
With the first steps of getting the Ray Gun in Zombies done, you’ll need to head to the Particle Accelerator room if you’re not already there and look for the five glowing blue orbs that will have appeared. When you find each orb, you simply need to destroy it by shooting it. If you’re struggling to spot them, below are the five locations:
- Head left from the power room and you’ll find a chair on the floor between two terminals. The orb will be behind the chair in that gap.
- From the Pack-a-Punch machine, head right along the platform. You should see the orb under some pipes.
- From the Pack-a-Punch again, head up the stairs in the opposite side of the room. If you jump off the right hand side of the first set of stairs, you should see the orb in the corner, behind some machinery.
- Jump on the Particle Accelerator and look up. You should see the orb by where the roof meets the wall on one side.
- Head down the level below the Pack-a-Punch machine, and the orb’s is in the corner.
Once you’ve destroyed all five of them, and Aether Portal will open up and you’ll go through. In this world, you’ll see a zombie version of the coffin dance meme (yes, really), and the zombies will drop the coffin by the Pack-a-Punch machine, before you’re brought back to the real world.
Now, you’ll be able to go over to the crate and open it up. You’re not 100% guaranteed to get the Ray Gun, but it’s quite a common drop from the crate in question. It’ll come alongside some other items, and maybe a perk. If the Ray Gun is there, grab it and start causing havoc with the incredibly powerful weapon.
- COD: Black Ops Cold War & War Zone’s Mauer Der Toten Zombies Map Showcased in New Trailer
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Gameplay Trailer Revealed at Summer Game Fest
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- You Can Play Black Ops Cold War’s New Zombies Mode, Outbreak, a Day Early
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed