Last night, Raven Software confirmed that an update for Warzone is being worked on that will aim to balance the DMR-14, MAC-10, Type-63, and Dual Diamatti Pistols.
Update: The patch is now going live on all platforms. Raven tweeted the following patch notes.
- DMR 14 – Reduced headshot damage, increased recoil
- Type 63 – Reduced headshot damage, increased recoil
- Mac-10 – Decreased headshot multiplier
- Dual pistols – Increased hip fire spread, decreased damage range
For a few weeks now, Warzone players far and wide have been asking for the weapons in question, the DMR more so than any other, to be nerfed after they took over the battle royale’s weapon meta when they were introduced to the game as part of Cold War Season One in mid-December.
The DMR is capable of downing and enemy in a little as two bullets, resulting in the time-to-kill being significantly lower than it is for any other assault rifle. Just check out the video below to see just how unbeatable it is.
Raven’s tweets read: “Don’t fret! We’ve heard you and a balance update is coming soon to address concerns about the DMR 14, Type 63, Mac 10, and dual pistols… To clarify, these changes will be exclusive to #Warzone.”
The Cold War developers did not specify what the changes will be, nor did they give any details on when the update will be ready, but considering how overpowered the weapons currently are in the battle royale, you can expect them to feature quite significant alterations to range and damage drop off for the DMR and a damage reduction to the more short-range weapons.
We’ll be sure to let you know when Raven or Activision reveal when the Warzone balance update will be released.
- Crash 4 Dev Toys for Bob Shifts to Call of Duty: Warzone Development
- Warzone Could Learn a Thing or Two About In-Game Events from Fortnite
- Call of Duty Warzone Season 3 Trailer Showcases Verdansk 84 Map With the Help of Celebrities
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- Call of Duty Warzone Is Seemingly Teasing Its Nuke Event for Next Week