In a question on Reddit, user u/The_Wxly7 posted a tweet conversation alongside the question: “So is ranked mode still going to be a thing? After completing camos I would like something meaningful to grind now.”
Treyarch employee FoxhoundFPS replied, saying, “Yes. Ranked Play will be a thing. I currently don’t have a timetable to share with you, however.”
While this doesn’t tell us much that we didn’t already know, it allows hardcore Black Ops Cold War fans to continue to be excited about the ranked mode, safe in the knowledge that it’s still coming.
Now that the game has been out for a few months, a lot of players will have completed most of the challenges and unlocked a lot of the camo options, as the Reddit user above has, and they’ll be looking for another way to test themselves.
Just as it is in other multiplayer focused games, it’ll have the same effect in Cold War, once it’s released. Hopefully it’ll be released in the coming weeks or months, and not too close to the inevitable new Call of Duty game later in the year.
As soon as we get updates from Treyarch, we’ll be sure to update you about the situation.
- You Can Play Black Ops Cold War’s New Zombies Mode, Outbreak, a Day Early
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed
- Black Ops Cold War Season Two Intro Cinematic Teases New Operator & Weapons
- Firebase Z Arrives in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s New Patch, Along With Other Tweaks
- New Zombies Map Announced Early for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War