The micro-event is called the Kanezaka Challenge, named after the new map. Players can earn free cosmetic rewards for winning a certain amount of games in Quick Play, Competitive Play, and Arcade modes beginning today until Monday, Jan. 25.
Winning three games earns a Pagoda Icon, winning six games earns the Yōkai Spray, and winning nine games rewards with an epic Kyōgisha skin for Hanzo. Players can also receive up to six free sprays by watching participating Twitch streams for six hours while having both Twitch and Blizzard Battle.net accounts connected.
The new deathmatch map is called Kanezaka, and is described as “a quiet town nestled in the shadow of Hanamura.” It contains shops such as a cat café, a pottery workshop, and a local bar. The free-for-all map also contains “contextual storytelling” and “some Easter eggs and some payoff that’s going to come in Overwatch 2,” according to game director Jeff Kaplan in a developer’s update video last month.
The Kanezaka Challenge event is now live in Overwatch until Jan. 25 for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
- Overwatch: All New Halloween Terror 2020 Emotes and Highlight Intros
- Overwatch: All New Halloween Terror 2020 Skins
- Overwatch: How to Get Contenders Skins
- Overwatch Halloween Terror Event Returns With New Skins
- Overwatch Is Getting a Limited Free Trial for Switch Online Subscribers [UPDATED]