Raven has finally revealed that a settings update has been released in Warzone today that aims to fix two issues that have made the battle royale almost unplayable this week.
First of all, the infamous infinite stim glitch has been fixed once more, so players won’t be able to sit in the gas forever to get free wins. As the patch notes read: “player no longer gets infinite tactical equipment (Stim) when dropping their weapons while cooking a grenade.”
The Warzone update will also introduce some further weapon balance changes, following those that proved ineffective last week. The DMR is the main focus of the changes, seeing its “bullet penetration reduced from sniper to AR,” it range damage reduced, and its recoil increased. Below you can see all of the changes that have been made to the DMR.
- Bullet penetration reduced from sniper to AR.
- Damage falloff ranges decreased (55 damage before / 48 damage after 750 units (down 70% from 2500 units))
- Recoil increased: Increased moderately for second and third bullet, increased slightly for subsequent bullets.
- Locational damage multipliers adjusted – Headshot now does less than 100 damage after 750 units. Lower torso reduced from 1.1 to 1.01 (~8%).
- Front Grip: Vertical recoil reduction removed & horizontal recoil reduction increased from 20% to 30%
- Field Agent Foregrip: Vertical recoil reduction decreased from 35% to 25% & horizontal recoil reduction increased from 35% to 30%
The Type 63 tactical rifle, which wasn’t used as frequently but suffered from the same issues, has received identical changes.
Elsewhere, the Gallantry MAC-10 Blueprint has been altered as part of the Warzone update, bringing its stats in line with those of the base weapon, rather than granting boosts to damage range.
If you want to check out the full patch notes, Raven has released them via Twitter. Hopefully they have the desired effect.
- Call of Duty: Warzone Operation Monarch Adds a Fun, Playable Movie Experience
- Latest Call of Duty: Warzone Season Three Patch Ushers in New Mode, Weapon Changes and More
- Call of Duty: Warzone Trailer Reveals Godzilla and King Kong Event
- Play as Snoop Dogg in Call of Duty: Warzone, Vanguard, and Mobile Starting in April
- Call of Duty Vanguard & Warzone Season 2 Reloaded Gets Gameplay Trailer as Sledgehammer Claims to Have Fixed Aim Assist