Finally, after a few weeks of waiting, Raven and Infinity Ward have released a new balance update for Warzone that nerfs a few of the overpowered weapons, including the DMR. So that you know exactly what changes have been made as part of the update, here’s a breakdown of the Warzone DMR patch with everything you need to know.
The patch isn’t only for the DMR, also aiming to reduce the effectiveness of the MAC-10 SMG, Type-63 rifle, and Dual-Diamatti pistols. We’ll run through the changes for them down below too.
Warzone DMR Patch Explained
Below is the full patch notes for the balance update, direct from Raven Software’s Twitter:
- DMR 14 – Reduced headshot damage, increased recoil
- Type 63 – Reduced headshot damage, increased recoil
- Mac-10 – Decreased headshot multiplier
- Dual pistols – Increased hip fire spread, decreased damage range
Therefore, the DMR alterations don’t seem to be that significant in the Warzone DMR patch. While headshots will do less damage, shots to any other part of the body remain unchanged. You’ll still be able to kill enemies with three bullets to the chest area, provided you can control the altered recoil. From early impressions though, this nerf might not be enough to remove the DMR from the meta. The Type 63 has received the same changes as the DMR.
The Dual-Diamatti pistols seems to have been given the largest nerf, reducing how effective they’ll be at any kind of range and how close the bullet spread is.
The MAC-10 has also only seen its headshot multiplayer changed, so it’ll likely still remain pretty powerful due to its high fire rate. That is as far as the weapon balance changes go, but we’ll update you when any further changes are made.
- Crash 4 Dev Toys for Bob Shifts to Call of Duty: Warzone Development
- Warzone Could Learn a Thing or Two About In-Game Events from Fortnite
- Call of Duty Warzone Season 3 Trailer Showcases Verdansk 84 Map With the Help of Celebrities
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- Call of Duty Warzone Is Seemingly Teasing Its Nuke Event for Next Week