That’s right folks, today kicks off the Clear Skies event for Arms Race in Borderlands 3. Clear Skies will last until January 28. Today’s changes to the game are in an actual update, so you will need to do some downloading as opposed to the usual wait at the main menu for the hotfixes to apply.
For those unfamiliar with Arms Race, it is a game mode new to the Borderlands series that drops the player into a large map with zero gear or player skills and they must work within the confines of the encroaching Murdercane (pretty much the same way circles work in every Battle Royale). The player must scrounge up enough loot to guarantee survival (shields are required) while working to collect the best loot they can to then beat the mode’s boss and win.
The first mini-event, Clear Skies, begins with today’s hotfixes. During the Clear Skies mini-event, all enemies will have a chance to drop better loot and the Murdercane’s circle will take longer to close in so you have precious extra time to scavenge and explore.
The list of changes to the game are:
- Addressed a potential progression blocker created when Xbox Series X|S users would log into a map before the host and interact with mission objectives in multiplayer
- Updated vehicle spawners to not activate while another player has started travel to another map
- Added Anointment support to the Linc Legendary pistol
- Adjusted the damage of thrown Tediore weapons
- Addressed a reported concern that the Action Skill End apply Terror Anointment was only applying one stack of Terror
- Updated the Siren’s Infusion and Forceful Expression skills to work with the Cryo element
- Updated the Siren’s Ascendant skill to work with Expedite
- Updated the Gunner’s Iron Cub to receive Action Skill Damage boosts from Class Mods
- Adjusted the Gunner’s skills Desperate Measures, Stroke the Embers, and Scorching RPMs to work with Iron Cub
- Addressed a reported concern that the Beastmaster’s Cmdl3t Class Mod was causing pets to behave strangely
- Adjusted the Operative’s Devil Raider skin’s appearance on head customizations
- Addressed a reported concern that the Hot Spring grenade mod would continue to heal players after the Area of Effect ended
- Players entering Arms Race will now start with a full-heal
- Skill points gained during Arm Race have been changed to update without the need for a Save/Quit
- Updated the mini-map to follow party member’s locations while in spectator mode
- Made a change to the timer bar in Arms Race to correctly show the amount of time remaining during the “Kill Heavyweight Harker” objective
- Mission weapons will no longer stay in a player’s inventory during Arms Race
- Addressed a reported concern that action skills would not properly unlock while in Arms Race when a level one character gained a level
- [Xbox Series X|S] Addressed a reported concern that a player’s controller could continue vibrating through a loading screen in some instances
- [Xbox Series X|S] Addressed a reported concern that the controller would vibrate while loading into a map if using Iron Cub
If you haven’t yet made the leap into buying the Season 2 pass or the Designer’s Cut DLC, this sizzle reel of the new features might be able to help your decision.
Borderlands 3 is available on Xbox, Playstation, and PC. The Arms Race mode is available to those who own the 2nd Season Pass or the Designer’s Cut DLC.